All of us have had the experience of having the “little voice inside” that speaks up and tells us when we should be paying attention to the potential harm or benefit of a situation. We tend to view that voice as a part of our internal intuition or ability to read a situation according to our experiences. Sometimes, that is exactly what it is, the right side of our brain passing onto the left side the patterns it has noticed based on its examining the memories we hold.
Sometimes, however, that small voice is a part of a skill called “clairaudience.” Clairaudience is the ability to hear more than what is expressed on the level of our physical capability of hearing. Clairaudience, or clear hearing, is something that most people experience very strongly when on the Astral Plane. All of our senses expand and heighten on this plane and are no longer limited by the boundaries and capabilities of our physical beings.
Experiencing while awake
In a way, the manner in which our senses function on the Astral Plane is nearer their real capabilities in the physical world than what we are used to experiencing while awake. Our conscious mind-set is to reject that which we cannot prove or see. Modern society rein forces that idea. People who experience clairaudience while in the physical world, unless they are familiar with the concept, can often despair that they are developing a mental disorder such as schizophrenia. It is important to note, that the thinking on schizophrenia itself is changing. More and more, clinicians are moving away from the model of medicating schizophrenics to return them to a state of “normal” functioning to recognition that how schizophrenics interact with a physical reality may include an amplified reality that can perceive things on a level that is restricted to dreams and the Astral Plane for the rest of us. That said the voice heard during clairaudience is very different from the one heard during a psychological delusion. The voice of clairaudience is quiet, often described as a whisper that gives messages of caution and guidance. A clairaudience voice never passes mes – sages that will cause fear or harm to the person hearing them or encourages them to cause harm to others. Visit our home page for more information.
Just as in studying anything regarding the psyche, finding a person to share your experiences with will help you determine if the messages you are receiving are coming from without or within. Students beginning in psychology are cautioned, when studying psychopathology, that they will be able to find themselves within every disorder but that does not mean that they have it. The core of all psychological disorder is based in normality. The disordered mind has become unbalanced in some way creating problems for the person. An ordered mind having extra-ordinary (and note how I wrote that word) experiences will remain in balance; nothing from your experiences should cause disruption to your life or a rejection of participation in daily life. If anything, it should make it easier to interact and handle waking life by increasing your compassion, understanding and intuitive wisdom.
For some people, clairaudience is a natural ability. For others, it can be developed. Musicians or aural performers (singers, poets) often have highly developed natural clairaudient skills. They often describe being able to hear whole sections of music or poetry before even starting to compose the piece. It is common for natural clairaudients to be sensitive to noise, tone and to experience a ringing in their ears. Clairaudient messages can be heard while waking – as if someone is whispering just behind your ear, or through dreams. The messages are not limited to words, but can be sounds or music, that has meaning to you. Part of increasing your clairaudient skill is to become able to identify the meaning and symbolism of sounds and music in your life. Most often, we receive guidance in this manner when faced with important decisions in our life.
Here are some simple suggestions for beginning to develop or fine-tune your clairaudient skills:
Practice this before going to sleep at night.
• Lie down on your bed and relax.
• Visualize a radio.
• Now imagine you are turning the tuning knobs so the radio is scanning up and down the frequencies. Concentrate on your intention to find the station that is broadcast the voice of your “guide.” At first, you may only hear static with a very faint voice coming in and out of your hearing. Concentrate on tuning the radio on that frequency and listening. As you continue this visualization exercise over several days, the voice will begin to come in clearer.
Set Your Intention and Boundaries:
• Be clear about your intentions to increase your clairaudient abilities. Write that down as a goal and review it often.
• Set a clear boundary before practicing any of these suggestions by repeating that you will only welcome the guidance of those who would help and have your greater good in mind. This will help block negative energies from being drawn to the opening you are creating.
• Always calm and relax yourself before beginning. There is nothing to fear in listening, yet many people will carry a fear of the voices within them, creating stress that will not only prevent them from intentional clairaudience but will also draw negative en – ergy to them. Relax first, address any fear and let it go.
• Meditate. Clairaudient messages are frequently heard during meditation because your mind is quiet and open to guidance. Use an affirmation to focus your meditation such as:
◦ I welcome guidance from without for it heals me and strengthens me.
◦ It is easy for me to hear you. I welcome your guidance and honor your interest. Clairaudient skills are yet another tool to have when seeking to fully understand and experience the Astral Plane, as it is when you travel within it and as it crosses over to communicate and guide you in the physical life.
Read full article